My Wedding (Part 2) - Tea Ceremony and Dinner (Mark's)

If you thought you might have missed the second part of 'My Wedding', here's the scoop - you didn't... coz ya seeing it only now.

The following events happened on May 29th in the evening after my ROM.

Took me a while to post this up; the more photos there are, the longer I take to edit (ex..eh-hem..cuse) and I'm thinking you prefer me to elaborate my stories through pics rather than words right?

We held a mini tea-ceremony at Mark's grandma's place and by 'mini', I mean tea for ... one. Apart from paying respects to our ancestors that is.
The tea-drinker here is Mark's grandma (po-po)
gee my head looks bigger than my body...
A little something from grandma... :D
Then it was Mark's younger sister Hwee Nee's turn to serve us tea. It looks like she's doing some kind of strut here...nervous perhaps...tee~hee
It was quite a hilarious 'first-time' for all of us, judging by hubby's awkwardness...
and the fact that the bride and groom had forgotten they were to sit side by side during the tea-drinking ceremony!
And that was about all the tea that was served.
If you're wondering what happened to the rest of the uncles and aunties, let's just say they were a real sporting and 'modern' bunch as all insisted to do away with that particular tradition.
However, we did pour tea for dad-in-law's side of the family - no pics though as it's in another camcam.
I say with or without the tea ceremony, seeing the ang-pows pour in, makes me one happy camper :D
(Oops did i just say that out loud..)

Love you guys, anyhow!
Back to dinner that night, we chose (where else but..) Old Hong Kong Kitchen, Jalan Imbi to host 5 tables for relatives and close family friends.
Loving the grand set up and having a spacious private room all to ourselves.
My family were of course here for the dinner as well. All but Irene (sis-in-law) who couldn't make it.
With Mark's grandma from dad's side (ma-ma)
Here you get a clear shot of my other white dress (apart from the ROM's), plain and simple with gold sequins at the waist which I got for a steal at one of those boutiques in Ampcorp Mall.
Oh, have I mentioned all 3 WHITE dresses I bought for the wedding came from the same boutique? LOL. I forgot its name but I can pinpoint the location if you ask me :)
With aunties and their children...who are now my ermm 'cousins-in-law' (if there's such a thing?)
With the sons and daughters of family friends whom Mark grew up bullying and being bullied..

I also met Hwee Nee and her boyfriend, Ravin for the very first time. Friendly chap alright, even blurted out a duet with Hwee Nee that night.
Other than my camcam that night (as you can see in the mirror), Mark's other cousin, Ah-Kuan took plenty of photos for us too. Really appreciate it!
Ah-Kuan and wife
As the night rolled on and people were enjoying the food, dear starts singing his lungs out.
Can't believe he was so shy at first, but one song request from me, and he had no choice but to do it. hah!
And THAT certainly started the ball rolling for the rest of dem 'talents'.
including my dad-in-law. Like father, like son.

Now, the F-O-O-D was another highlight altogether.
From a specially concocted menu and not meaning to sound cocky, the meals prepared were up to the mark ('my' mark) and fresh.
classic must-have ' 4 season'
sharks fin in individual little pots
crispy suckling piglet (poor piggy i know, but another 'must-have' in a wedding dinner)
deep-fried salted egg prawns
vegetable treasures
i think this was black pepper fried rice
shanghai pancake and i forgot what was in those balls.. :p
ever heard of serving barley beancurd gingko in a wedding dinner?
told u this was SPECIAL! and especially good!
And I think there was some fish dish in it too but I can't seem to find the photo of it...hmm....
Anyways, we were in for a surprise too as we were presented with this really stunningly awesome 2-tier wedding cake!
Designed by one of Mark's childhood friends.
Poor chap came so late to the dinner as our cake took a really long time to assemble and all. I was told a cake like this sells for around RM 800 in the market. gulp.
It was indeed disheartening when we had to disassemble the cake all because we were greedy eaters. Wonder how a baker feels seeing his many hours of creation crumble in a matter of minutes..No wonder he refused to cut the cake that night and taught me the steps instead.
doesn't this remind you of a bowling ball?
The guests ended up eating only the chocolate spongey part of the cake as the white part was marzipan and so insanely sweet, I went around forbidding people to eat it.
Close to midnight, dinner was over, toasts were made and guests were starting to leave the karaoke-filled night with fond memories and a happy belly.
Everything about that night went smoothly and I certainly felt welcomed into a new family.
I for one cannot be happier that dear plucked up the courage to sing our song in front of everyone.
Nevermind that he forgot some of the lyrics...
...it still had me smiling sheepishly throughout the night.

shy*

No comments:

Post a Comment