the zoo

Made a trip to zoo negara recently with my family - my second time here.

Don't worry, I'm not about to post pictures of animals I saw and start labeling them 'this is a tiger' or 'here's a deer' or 'look, a giraffe!'

Partly also because we did not have any camera with us, hence I was fully dependable on samsung baby.

All I snapped were these storks who were trying to run away from me as I chased them for a closer shot...
sure they ran faster than me, they got skinnier legs!

The most fascinating thing I witnessed that day was this smiley elephant..
and no, he wasn't displaying an acrobatic stunt in a show,
..the poor fella was trying to reach out for sugarcane which was displayed at this counter.
Only thing, the sugarcane was actually for sale to the public who wants to feed this poor animal here. Ohh, the agony of watching this elephant stretching his trunk farthest possible, only to be denied of his sweet meal...After a couple of minutes of trying, he must have been so devastated coz he let out this small cry...aww poor big guy.
so near yet so far..
It was a good zoological adventure for me and family. My only disappointment - the Penguin House was stark empty.
It was the driest north pole look-alike display. I mean, had the penguins gone on holiday and went back home?

2 comments:

  1. nice shots on d elephants! now dats a rare sight to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the penguins must've escaped... to madagascar perhaps... they've done it b4...

    ReplyDelete