melaka raya open house

The holidays are finally over and my greatest achievement this time was my successful visit to the Raya Open House, jointly hosted by the Yg DiPertua Negeri Melaka and Chief Minister. After various failed attempts during past years, i was adamant to follow my dad's footsteps (literally!) this year. 
It was a double celebration this year (coincidentally, it was also my country's Independence Day), hence i was expecting a massive crowd to flood the halls of MITC (Melaka International Trade Centre). So, a plan was strategized - let the 'kiasus' fight it out in the morning and hopefully, we'll just stroll into the halls after 2pm.
Our plan worked!
Almost immediately, we were ushered into the hall and omg, never in my life i imagined the scale of this event. Rows of food stalls surrounded the perimeter of the hall and it was really spacious.
The halls decked with pretty colored balloons and watching the jovial crowd mostly dressed up in formal Malay attire, really set my festive mood. And there's nothing like shaking hands and showering Raya blessings to whom i seriously suspect was the Royal family.
The Head of the State chilling in the background.
Now, the moment has come to show just some of the delicious FREE food i had :-

Everything was surprisingly tasty....it was sad i couldn't try everything they served.

i found my roti jala!

My favourite was this Soto Ayam!


Who would have guessed there was even a Mamee van there giving out free samples of their Mamee 'Ayam Kampung' flavour! Poor dear queued with a bunch of kids just to get a few strands of mee for taste. lol.
I must say we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
Dad especially went nuts over their crispy fried yam and banana fritters! Aah, but not before dabbing off the excess oil. lol.
Dear, the lekor lover...
I wana do this again next year! (burp)

No comments:

Post a Comment