garden recipe finds its secret recipe

This is a very short write-up mainly to introduce this new 'healthy eating' concept cafe originating from my very own hometown Melaka. It's organic fusion, it's based on 3L1H (Low Salt, Low Sugar, Low Oil and High Fiber) and unlike what you think; on the contrary, the food actually tastes pretty damn good.

Only my second time here and that's only because my virgin visit made such an impressive mark, I just had to come back!
Their signature dishes include ...

King sauce steam chicken roll with tomato concasse spaghetti with salad and fruit (RM 18.90)
This was my order and i was amazed with how tender the chicken pieces were. The spag was very tasty with the most generous topping of cheese. Food presentation gets my two thumbs and two big toes up. Kudos to the chef.
King sauce grilled chicken with garlic bread, salad and fruit (RM 14.90)
Not my dish...na-ah...but the garlic bread that I managed to steal from my neighbour's plate was so damn crispy and garlicky!
I ordered this same dish in my last visit (took the fries instead of the bread) and recalled a very nice juicy grilled chicken. Hence, I bet my neighbour enjoyed his too!
Ginger extract soup with brown rice mee sua (RM 10.90)
Mum's fave...I love the hot gingery soup...
Lei Cha with Brown Rice (RM 10.90)
9 pieces of tableware just to serve this one dish... wow.
Upclose...not 'my cup of tea' though; never will I order this in a million years; can't stand the soup...*shudder*
Soothing Chamomile Tea (RM 12.90/ pot)
If you wana save on ordering individual drinks (which can be quite costly), this is a good choice as it serves enough for 4 pax.
So if you've got nothing better to do in Melaka/ or is simply sick of all those nyonya or portuguese food, why not try this for a change.
It's located in Lot. G55, AEON Bandaraya Melaka Shopping Centre,
No 2, Jalan Lagenda, Taman I-Lagenda, 75400 Melaka
Tel: 06-2839 168
Website : http://www.gardenrecipe.com.my/
(This is how the cafe looks like...A cool exterior like this would easily draw hungry passersby like sugar draw ants)
Coincidentally, since I didn't managed to find any other review of this place on the www, hopefully mine is the first of many positive reviews to come. For all this free publicity, maybe the owner should give me free garlic bread the next time I visit!
(drool)

1 comment:

  1. Finally something new and interesting in Melaka - Nice cafe!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete