english tea at the sterling

Nestled somewhere along Jalan Temenggong, Malacca (within 5 min walk from Capitol Satay Celup), lies a  little gem which i never knew existed until recently!

Right smack in the middle of Malacca town, lies luxury boutique hotel, The Sterling
A majestic, impressive-looking 37-room hotel which actually opened in Nov, 2011. Malu, took me more than a year to notice this white, British colonial structure in my hometown. -.-
Anyway, the reason of my excursion here was for an English afternoon tea at their rooftop cafe, The Loft.
I would have gone for al fresco dining if i were a gwai por...but i'm not.

The typical Malaysian would have chosen to be in a air-conditioned room - makes sipping hot tea all the more worthwhile. :-)

Never mind that the view from the inside is clearly nothing to shout about. Not unless i could see my house from up here.

All tables were nicely laid with the proper cutlery, which in my dad's case, a simple fork alone is all he needs to put food into his mouth.

Finally, our exquisite three-tiered tea tray (i just created a tongue twister!) arrived in time before my tea got cold... eh-hem.

UP CLOSE with...
My Chocolate Muffin.
My Raisin Scone
...served with cream and all kinds of spread.

My Chocolate Brownie and Shortcake Cookie
My Fruit Tartlet.
And a huge plate of sandwiches. Looks like an assortment of spreads, doesn't it? Alas, it was only one kind of vegetable mayo sandwich. Minor let down yo...
For the price of approximately RM 36 per pax, the pastries indeed exceeded my expectation in terms of taste and portion size, coupled with the cosy setting of The Loft.
Minor feedback - could be better if the 'sole' waiter would have been a bit more alert in refilling our coffee/ tea. Apart from that, dad's giving the thumbs up...Only one thumb, i see.  

It was Darren's first English tea!
Darren and his red sugar sachet that was his best friend during the entire afternoon.

Now i should not be showing you this, but watdaheck....

The mess that we managed to accomplish in no time!

Anyway, we would have loved to dine and chat for much longer (after all, it's what people do at an English tea!), but looks like my lil time-keeper has spoken..............

Napping time for Darren also meant that it was tapao time.. (lol, ever heard of people tapao-ing their English tea?)
A contented Darren ready for bed........
Bet he dreamt of his little tea experience, which revolved around the tiny nibbles of white bread that he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment