my hair pampering day

Couple of days ago, I decided to try out this new salon which has only been in operation 2 months ago. I first heard about profesional salon Groom Exp from a colleague's email, announcing their new opening in Lot 10, KL.

Along with this, they have designed a few promotional packages for hair coloring/ highlighting/ rebonding/ perming.
By the way, the salon uses Shiseido hair products.
And that got me thinking "Oh what the heck, I'll give it a try (since their facial products are so expensive, their hair products should be worth trying as well)".
So here I am, at 11.45am all seated in my comfortable arm-chair. The lone customer.
For now.
I hope...(since I only saw what looks like one hair stylist around).
And for some reason, my legs look hideously long here,
..so I decided to crop them off.
I told Mr Hair Stylist I wanted TVB actress Niki Chow's long straight silky luscious hair.
He gave me the 'who are you kidding' look and went on to show me the products he'll be using on my hair. =_+
K, i was kidding.
I just wanted to straighten my hair and with the chosen package, I would also get a hair cut and hair mask.
It was nice that they also served me a hot cup of tea.
Not any tea, but a soothing aromatic flower tea.
After explaining certain bla-bla to me, I opted to top-up my package by adding on a 10-step hair treatment programme for an additional RM 100 (n.p. RM 300! or so they claimed)
Hence the Special Course above and below...
After my hair wash, I was made to wear this really huge garbage-bag like black suit (with sleeves too) to keep me clean :) and cosy :)
This guy was very patiently applying the pre-treatment on my hair. I really admire his determination and attention for detail as he fingered through every section of my hair.
Then the wait...no steaming process required.
My hair was so thick, I'd understand if 2 people stood by to apply the cream softener/ relaxant on my hair.
But to need a third guy(!) was like giving me the VIP treatment dy. heehee...
See, i asked them to smile and they did!....camera shy betul..

The entire process consists of multiple waiting then rinsing off time.
What I really liked about that was no strong chemical smells lingering in the air around me! (happy)
Current mags to keep me awake and sane during the long process.
Finally, the HOT moment has arrived......Time to iron out all those out-of-place hair strands and break any remaining curls.
Soon, my hair will be all straight and shiny again. Muahahahahaha....
But first, more cream is applied on my hair.
And what goes on must go off.
At this point, I had already lost count on the number of times some kind of cream was applied on my hair then rinsed off again.......felt more like a 50-step treatment.

After that, I would be getting my hair trimmed and lightened (in volume I mean).
Ta-daaaaah!!!!!
Ok la, those who know me might say "what's the diff?"
But there IS, I tell u!
My hair feels so much lighter, damn soft and silky plus I finally got my 'V-shaped' tail. Just a small 'v' coz that's who I am.
I am happy with my pro stylist, Song. He accepts the style I fancy and tries his best to make it happen, asking my opinion as he cuts. I also discovered yet another style of layering the tail-ends of my hair for that laid-back effect.
The promotional package I mentioned earlier is priced at RM 238 each be it for coloring/ perming/ rebonding with a cut and mask thrown in.
For me, this was a steal seeing that I would otherwise be spending RM 250 in my regular run-of-the-mill salon.
For most guys, they would be dropping their jaws at this price which is probably how much they pay for a haircut for a period of 2 years.
(Well guys, you will never understand. .. it's a girl thing) ;)
Tel no Lot 10 outlet : 2141 8933
Tel no PJ outlet : 7956 1868
Interior of the salon........and dat's my hair on the floor.
The rinsing-off area with very comfortable basins to rest your head. Never a pain-in-the-neck.
Right after I paid, I got a little surprise gift which I opened while having my dessert at Lot 10 food court. By golly, I was so hungry by the time I finished at 5.45 pm.
Yup, that's 6 hours ...equivalent to watching 3 movies back-to-back.
How do I do it, I oso dunno.

3 comments:

  1. I have been there to GroomExp Professional Salon at Lot 10. They are equally good and professional too. From: Connie/working class professional

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was amazing, thank to preparing this interesting review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your review, It's interesting. Thanks to preparing it :)

    ReplyDelete