free preview screening : WolverinE

Tonight, I attended a preview screening of X-Men Origins : Wolverine, scheduled for nationwide release a day later... ...all thanks to Hitz.FM.

Remember those English exercises we used to do in school where we linked phrases to make up sentences and form a story? Well, this was how I got 4 movie passes to this movie :-

Sometime 10.30pm last week - after shower - in room - overheard on radio - giving away movie passes to 5th sms received - tried for fun - (yes, just for fun) - surprised that sms cost 50 cents - towel-drying hair - deep in thought on money making gimmicks through sms contests - comb hair - something blinking caught corner of eye - discovered phone was vibrating - "aiyah, silent mode rupa2nya" I thought - number of phone looking familiar - number still looking very familiar - eventually answered phone after some time -

siuV : Hello? ...Hello...hello?

AC : HELLLO..is this Sylvia Yep?

siuV : ah yesss...

AC : SYLVIA, this is Adam C and you're the 5th sms and you've just won tickets to watch Wolverine!!!

siuV : YEAA? REALLLY?? WOW, YEYYYYY...YEYYYY...WOOHOOO (fake tone, i know)

AC : Now tell me, do you actually want to go watch Wolverine or Hugh Jackman hmm?

siuV : welllll, I wanna watch BOTH of dem!!!!! Hugh Jackman is such a Hottie!!!

(yea yea, faking it even more...still can't believe I used the word 'hottie' on air! :>)

AC : Yea? well ok, hA hA hA...gonna call you back later to get your details ok?

YESSS!!! That was when I KNEW i was gonna be put on air, so I called as many people I could to tune in to my 20 seconds of fame. Thanks Josephine and bf for accompanying me to the preview. Hope you've enjoyed it as much as I did. Too bad we had to waste the 4th ticket though. What, you wanted to go is it?

Though not in the same class/ league as Ironman nor The Dark Knight, I'm still giving it a 7.5 for :-

1) a clear crisp storyline that actually blends in perfectly well with the earlier X-Men series (this is the prequel, mind you, so if you've never sat through any X-Men movies, the ending of this one will definitely have you going 'uhh..like dat finish oredi ah?') Sit through the credits ok, there's something in there.

2) non-stop action and SFX - never a dull moment, really - unless you turn to see your movie partner has dozed off.

3) Hugh Jackman (drool)............need i elaborate further?Tis the season for summer blockbusters, so I wonder what other movies I can get my hands on...*rub hands with glee*

For now, I'll be dreaming of Wolverine and his adamantine blades that go 'KAR-CHENG!!' (hmm sounds like something else in Hokkien)

4 comments: